I am so very excited to be the Guest Designer for Sweet Sunday Sketch #157!
SO VERY EXCITED!
I wanted to thank Karen Giron for this opprotunity.. it means more to me than you'll ever know! In most of my posts that I've posted about her sketch challenge, I've expressed how much I love her sketches, so this is a real pleasure for me! Okay, on to the card!!
I used Delight Thickers for the sentiment, to match the background.
I used a "real live" sewing machine for the first time! I've used my Pixie, which is for Paper Crafting, but never a "big girl" one! I love how it came out!
I love making zipper flowers. They never end up the same and that's the best part!
To create this flower...
- Cut a 10 inch piece of zipper
- Use thread the same color as your zipper
- Run a stitch along to opposite end of the zipper part
- Pull tight
- Pull or let loose a bit to create the shape you want
- Finish it up by sewing the layers together
- Optional: Add a gem, or a peal or a button and ta da!