CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Guest Designer for Sweet Sunday Sketch!!

I am so very excited to be the Guest Designer for Sweet Sunday Sketch #157!

 

SO VERY EXCITED!

 

I wanted to thank Karen Giron for this opprotunity.. it means more to me than you'll ever know! In most of my posts that I've posted about her sketch challenge, I've expressed how much I love her sketches, so this is a real pleasure for me! Okay, on to the card!!


I used Delight Thickers for the sentiment, to match the background.


  I used a "real live" sewing machine for the first time! I've used my Pixie, which is for Paper Crafting, but never a "big girl" one! I love how it came out!


I love making zipper flowers. They never end up the same and that's the best part!

To create this flower...
  • Cut a 10 inch piece of zipper
  • Use thread the same color as your zipper
  •  Run a stitch along to opposite end of the zipper part
  • Pull tight
  • Pull or let loose a bit to create the shape you want
  • Finish it up by sewing the layers together
  • Optional: Add a gem, or a peal or a button and ta da!
 

7 comments:

Karen Giron

Zipper flowers! I love it!! Your card is so fantastic and I love those Thickers (must use mine again too!). I'm so happy to have you join us this week!

Vicki Burdick

super sweet!!! Love that zipper flower!!! just adorable!!!

Heather Landry

I absolutely LOVE the zipper flower. Such a pretty card!

Dana White

This is fabulous. The zipper flower is stunning!!

Tracy

This is so cute! I really like the zipper flower, first time I've seen one. Nice job!

Lynn Put

Incredible card Tarynne! Love the bold colors, lettering and fun zipper flower!

Gine

Hopped over from the blog post at scrapbook.com
LOVE your blog and your projects !!!!!
Have a fabulous week

Post a Comment