CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Trendy Twine Storage + small tutorial

Last March I Guest Designed for the Trendy Twine Blog and received a ton of Trendy Twine for my own personal stash!

I needed a way to store them so I used wine corks. Thanks to my Dad's love for Wine, we had a bunch I could use! 

        How to do it... Part 1
  • Collect as many corks as you need
  • Tape one end of the twine to the cork
  • Wrap around like a mad man

How to do it... Part 2

I like to post what color I use when I use it, so this is very helpful for me!
  • Trace the bottom of each cork (they're all different sizes)
  • Cut out the circles
  • Write the name of the Twine on each circle
  • Use a Glue Dot to adhere it to the bottom of the cork

How to do it... Part 3
  • Get as many sewing pins as you have corks
  • Use wire cutters to cut the pins in half
  • Secure the loose end with the pin and you're done!

6 comments:

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine

This is a super cute idea, Tarynne. It's pretty to look at, and practical at the same time. I like how you did the step-by-step instructions, too.

Thanks so much :)

Lesley @ Trendy Twine

tracyf

I love this idea! I'm definitely going to do this. I have plenty of corks, just need some pins.

Norma G.

Great tip, thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower :D

Tarynne Wise

@Tracy - The only bad thing about the pins is they are sold 100 plus in a package!! You could always use them on projects though. I needed 7 push pins the other day for a project and had to be 300, lol.

Tarynne Wise

@Norma - Hi there! Thanks for becoming a follower.. I hope you find lots of inspiration here!!

Susie

*New Follower* Love this idea, thank you for sharing!!! I have a drawer half full of corks, now I need trendy twine!

Post a Comment