CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Design Teams...dun dun dun

Aside from Skydiving and losing weight, there was one more "must do" on my 2010 list. The last one was to get on a design team. I follow probably 15 sketch blogs, both card and layout, and 2 of them are have Design Team Calls. So, I'm applying for both. Better chances, right? lol. The two blogs that are having calls are 365 Cards, which you've heard me talk about a bazillion times, lol and Twisted Sketches. I've never participated at Twisted Sketches, just "stalked" their page if you will! =]


So, I wanted to share with you guys the cards I made for the calls.

For Twisted Sketches, you were to make a card from their sketch they gave. The twist is "Transparent".. whichever way that word moves you to create.


The Sketch

I made 2 cards but didn't like how the first one photographed, so I made another. Here's the first one.... "Girl Talk".. excuse my hand, but with a clear card, when there's writing on the inside paper, it just looks goofy in a picture, so I was keeping it closed for the picture. =]


There's those cute felt flowers from K & Co.'s Berry Sweet collection again!




And then this is the one I entered as my submission..

Ohhh how I love this card! The circle is a transparency and I hand stitched the stitching around the circle. This was given to a friend that I've known since kindergarden, who's having her first baby in March. When she opened it, she said "this is going in a frame in his room". What an amazing feeling that is! As of right now, I'm "in" 3 babies rooms in a frame!! Yay!

This is the sketch for 365 Cards Design Team Call...


This is what I came up with..


This was my first time using StazOn ink. I used it on a ghost shape... love how it looks!

Wish me luck!! Cross your fingers and your toes.. and anything else you've got! Thanks!!



2 comments:

Cyndy

Gorgeous cards, as always! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! Your talent should be rewarded!

~amy~

woooo hoooooo...such fabbie DT call subs!!!! I'm crossing my fingers for ya!!! You are super talented and I love your style!

Post a Comment