CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tea Pots & No Whit? No Whit!

This card is for Day 320 at 365 Cards... to be inspired by the theme of a Tea Party. This is a 2fer.. it's also for #75 of Color Throwdown. I created this little tea pot by printing clipart and piecing it all back together. I embossed the "Tea Time" and the background.



I used nickel colored eyelets and twine on the edge.



I made an insert to hold 2 tea bags. This card is going to my cousin Denise and I accidently ripped the paper, so that's where the "d" tab comes into play!!



I wanted to share this photo of my niece playing with her tea set tonight. When she got the Sock Monkey Tea Set for Christmas, she was asking everyone if they wanted some. Of course I had to be difficult and say "no thank you, but can I have a decaf coffee, no whip?" Any words that end in "p", "k" or "d", it sounds like a "t" when she says them. So she said "TT, no whit?" Now, even when you said you DO want whit, she says "no whit, no whit??" lol.

An actual conversation....

My sister: Can I have tea, with whit?

(we now call it whit too!)

My niece: tea? no whit?

My sister: No, I do want whit!

My niece: no whit? Mama, no whit? no whit?


5 comments:

~amy~

Cute!!! Great job with the clipart!!! Sweet pic too:)

LeAnne

Aw, what a sweet little gift idea--and great cover up with the "D"! A sign of a truly creative person! Thanks for playing with us at CTD and sharing your photos with us!

Tammy Hershberger

What a sweet project! Very cute teapot! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Lea L.

Super cute!! Love that sweet tea pot cut! Great job with the challenge!

♥Lea

Cyndy

Awesome card! And even cuter little story!

Post a Comment