CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 13, 2012

HAPPY Birthday

This is one of those cards that I can't believe I made! It all started with the arrow. I knew I wanted to wrap it with washi tape, but I didn't know anything I wanted to do besides that!

This is for the September Card Challenge for Product, which is Washi Tape. I used 3 different Washi Tapes on this card. The teal and white stripe, the random letter one at the bottom right of the yellow paper and the wood grain that says "HAPPY".

I got all 3 of these wonderful tapes on Ebay from tanmill10ml, check out her shop called "Scrap and Die". She's away right now, but favorite it for later! She answered my questions quickly and shipping was amazingly fast. It came from Australia to California in no time!

This is also for the September Card Challenge for Color.. here's the color palette this month.



Since I'm such a perfectionist, (thanks for that Mom & Dad..) I had to line up the stripes! If you want to decorate some chipboard with washi tape, the easiest way is to cover it, turn it over and use an exacto knife to cut the excess off. As my niece would say, easy peasy lemon squeezy!

I used American Craft's "Remarks" - Sweet Tooth, for the cupcake. I added Ranger's Glossy Accent's on the frosting to give it some gloss!


I distressed the edges and tore it a bit so I could "sew it" back up! 

I wanted to do something different for the HAPPY part of my card. I knew I wanted to use the wood grain and was so excited when I figured out how I was going to do it!

I used my clicky label maker (I don't know the actual name for it!) It's the kind where you load the tape, turn the wheel to the letter, click and keep doing that until you're finished! Before I loaded the tape, I put some washi tape on it and trimmed it to fit. I loaded it in and clicked away. I then rubbed some Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the top of it so the letters would stand out more.


I used the new Amy Tangerine Thicker's from the line Sketchbook, called Woodgrain.


0 comments:

Post a Comment